The leading citations for 2014 were F225 and F226, with 10 citations each.
• The primary reason for the citation of F225 was alleged failure to timely report allegations of abuse or failure to thoroughly investigate such allegations. F226, accompanying F225, due to the facility’s policy and procedure requiring timely reporting and thorough investigation.
The third most cited tag was F323 with 7 citations
• Citations of F323 were related to inadequate supervision inadequate supervision leading to elopement, to protect other residents from sexually inappropriate advances and aggressive resident behaviors, inadequate supervision leading to choking and death
• No IJs cited under F323 for falls or for hot water temps!
The fourth most cited tag was F223, cited 5 times
• All were issued during or before August
• Cited twice in 2013, once in 2012, and 4 times in 2011
• Citations related to verbal and physical abuse from staff to residents, failure to prevent physical and verbal abuse between residents, prevention of sexual abuse
Below is a chart of all 2014 IJ and SSQC citations, listed in order of frequency.